Thank you for your interest in becoming a national officer candidate. The application process is electronic only.
Once you begin the online process, you must complete the entire application, as it will not save unfinished work. If you stop in the middle, you will have to start over. Once you submit the application, you will receive a confirmation email. The application deadline is June 1
. You will be notified within two weeks of receipt if you are eligible to be an official candidate.
Before You Begin the Online Application, ALL candidates must:
Meet the minimum qualifications outlined in the SkillsUSA constitutions. Use the links below to review the SkillsUSA Constitutions (HS or College/Postsecondary):
- Minimum qualifications as outlined in the SkillsUSA Constitutions:
High School: ARTICLE VI—QUALIFICATIONS FOR NATIONAL OFFICE
College/Postsecondary: ARTICLE VI–QUALIFICATIONS FOR NATIONAL OFFICE
- State Director’s endorsement
- At least one full year remaining in a technical, skilled and service career, including health careers programs.
- School administrator’s support
- Chapter advisor’s support
- Completion of Career Essentials: Experiences (9 Fundamental)
- Verification of Completion Career Essentials: Assessment for Career Readiness
- Complete national officer candidate application form
- Complete and submit National Officer Candidate Application by June 1
have the following contact information ready to input:
• School name and address (where your chapter is located)
• SkillsUSA chapter advisor name and email
• School administrator name and email
• State Director name and email
Answer the following questions using 500 characters or less on a separate sheet of paper to transfer the answers to the online application. This information will be shared with the SkillsUSA national voting delegates.
• Why do you want to become a national officer?
• What is your SkillsUSA Framework story?
• What qualifications do you possess to be a national officer?
• What SkillsUSA honors, elected offices held, awards have your received?
• What school activities, organization involvement or community-based activities are you involved in?
Gather the following documents. These will be uploaded as part of your application:
State Director Endorsement Letter
Endorsement from the state director of the state association where you will be serving during your term in office. This letter must include the state director's hand-written signature.
School Verification Letter
Verification letter from your school administrator indicating that you have at least one full year remaining in a technical, skilled and service career, including health careers programs. This letter must include the administrator's hand-written signature and program name.
School Administrator Support Letter
This letter must be from an administrator of the school you will be attending and where your chapter is located during your term in office. This letter must include the administrator's hand-written signature.
Chapter Advisor Support Letter
This letter must be from the advisor of your chapter during your term in office. This letter must include the chapter advisor's hand-written signature.
Verification of Completing Career Essentials: Experiences (9 Fundamental)
The nine certificates or copy of nine badges of completion.
Verification of Completion Career Essentials: Assessment for Career Readiness
Copy of certificate of completion.
National Officer Candidate Application Form
Candidate Minimum Qualifications, Candidate Travel, Confidential Medical Information
Once you have all of the information gathered, you are ready to being the application process by clicking on the following link: National Officer Application. Once you submit, you will receive a confirmation email.
The application deadline is June 1, 2018
If you have any questions or experience any challenges, please contact Stephanie Bland: email@example.com